Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Habits of a Remarkable Recruiter

by Tracy Ralph, National Sales Director

Did you know that there are 5 habits of Remarkable Recruiters?  Generally, Remarkable Recruiters recruit 12 or more Stylists per year consistently, year after year. They are "Remarkable" because of what they do:






They work their business with consistency. Imagine if someone asks, “How many parties do you do a month?”  A good recruiter says something like this: “Well, sometimes I do 2-3 a month, and other times, I do 6-8 per month… it really depends on what’s going on.” The Remarkable Recruiter says “I do two parties a week. This is what I’ve found works best for my family and with my schedule.” Inconsistency comes across as a struggle, as if you are working in “survival” mode.  Every time you do a party, you have to start everything all over again. Work consistently and you’ll have a steady stream of perspective recruits. This is the key to making it work. You’ll have more fun with consistency.

2
Remarkable Recruiters smile a lot. The smile is on their face, in their eyes and in their body language. They’re warm and sincere, and loving what they’re doing. A Remarkable Recruiter focuses on the joy and the work itself — and has a greater satisfaction in what they do.

3
Remarkable Recruiters are active, not passive, in their recruiting. They just know that if they see interest, it’s up to them to take action, such as saying "Have you ever thought about doing what I’m doing?"  They engage in conversation and ask people. Being active isn’t being pushy.  If I was to take a butterfly net and stand out in the middle of the road, I might eventually catch a butterfly or two.  But waiting for a butterfly to come by is being passive.  What if I were to take my net to a flower garden?  I’d be far more likely to catch a butterfly, by putting myself in the driver’s seat.  Are you waiting for leads to come along?  Are you waiting for the boxes on the Order Form to do your recruiting for you?  Passive recruiters use the butterfly net in the road theory. If you use flyers in your business, you might as well be saying, “Here, you throw this away.”  Flyers are a passive tool.  Are you waiting for customers to come to you? ASK!  Don’t be afraid to take the lead and present the opportunity.

4
Active Recruiters focus more on others than on themselves. They focus on the needs of others. They also say words that will unlock fears.  Imagine that you’re at a party and someone says to you, “ Wow, you’re really great at this!”  Did you absorb the compliment like a sponge?  Focus instead on that person.  For example, if someone says, “You were really good tonight,” you could say something like, “Thank you, but I think that what you might have noticed is my enthusiasm for my job, and how much I like what I’m doing.”  Do you say words that you hope will unlock fears?  Check yourself this way: am I thinking “me” or am I focused on the “needs” of others?  Active Recruiters focus more on others than on themselves.

5
Stay in control of the process. If someone says, "Maybe I’ll just go home and think about it." - that leads to “fence sitting” and indecision.  Letting your prospect go home and think about it is losing control.  You might think, what can I do?  I sure don’t want to be pushy.  Remarkable Recruiters always know what the next step is, and they manage to have involvement in that next step.  For example, a  Remarkable Recruiter will get involved and possibly say something like this: “Lets chat about that.  How do you see yourself thinking about it?  Maybe we can work together on a few notes that you’re taking away from today’s conversation.  Let’s set up a good time to get together and talk more.”  A Remarkable Recruiter doesn’t let the recruit put her in the passenger seat and take her for a ride. The Remarkable Recruiter stays in the driver’s seat.  If a prospect asks for Information, the Remarkable Recruiter knows that giving her the Information is the quickest way of losing the recruit.  Giving the Information limits the Recruiter from having a role.  In a sense, it lets the Information do the recruiting.  Giving too much Information is a way of losing control.  However, a Remarkable Recruiter could say,  “I’d love to set up a time to meet to see how this could work for you. In the meantime, I will send you home with our Opportunity Brochure to hold you over until we can get together.” A Remarkable Recruiter maintains involvement.  Follow up while interest is high (24-48 hours max!).  Then make that call a high priority!  If you don’t call them, someone else will!

Work on your skills.  Don’t sit and wait, hoping to see if they will improve. Know your strengths and build on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment