by: Dioni Morales, Director of Stylists Services
It is also the same when referring to a compensation plan. At Vessel we have an incredibly generous compensation plan, one that rewards the Stylists for the way that they "work" their business. But the fact of the matter is that there's still "work" to be done, that "work" translates into volume, and that volume translates into earnings - or better yet, money!
Increasing the volume you and your team are moving is what will get you rank advancements, and even better, bigger checks. Although we spend a lot of time talking about and training in prospecting and enrolling, the truth is that your income is not 100% correlated to how many people you have. In fact, to a certain extent it has nothing to do with it! If you have ten thousand people in your downline who are doing zero volume, you are making zero money.
With Vessel there are three ways you can make volume:
1. Parties/Open Houses: It's the best way to introduce both Vessel's product and the Vessel opportunity. People love seeing the product in person and it has proven to be the best way to sell (see last week's post about the Power of the Party). You make 30% right away in retail commissions and you increase your PSV (Personal Sales Volume). This will help you in rank advancements, which means bigger checks for you.
2. Introductory Volume: With the NEW and unique Vessel Product Packages Program, we offer the new Stylists full volume ($100, $300 or $800) when they buy any of our three Product Packages offered, and these Packages are at a substantial discount. Also, with the new "Qualified Stylist" status, we are giving new Stylists an incentive to be Active ($300) in their first 30 days (with a special incentive to become Active in their first 15 days). This means volume for them personally and team volume for you.
3. Customers: There is no such thing as a business that does NOT have customers, it's just not possible. Experts in the industry recommend that we build a base of Customers. At Vessel we have created the Preferred Customer Program that offers a 10% discount to those people who are likely to want to purchase our product on a regular basis. These purchases not only give you a 20% retail commission (paid weekly), but more importantly it helps you increase your PSV and it builds that base of independent customers. So how do you get those customers? Promote and Enroll.
- Promote: when you endorse or recommend a product, you are not being pushy. You are simply talking about it. There's a big difference between promoting and selling, but the end result is the same - a sale and volume for your Vessel business.
- Enroll: Don't go out recruiting like you are looking for soldiers to join the battle. Enroll instead. This is both true when "enrolling" for the business or for the Preferred Customer Program. People enroll in things because they want to be part of something. So be wise when inviting others to take part of this great opportunity.
Stylists, let's work on increasing your volume and helping your team do the same. That is what it will take for you and your team to promote in rank. Rank advancement means higher percentages off of the same volume.
We have heard many times that one of the greatest things about direct sales is that we decide how big we want our income to be. At the end of the day, that income is determined by nothing other than the volume that we and our team our moving.... it's that simple!