Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Living a Life of Gratitude

As we approach the Thanksgiving holiday, I find myself reflecting on the many blessings in my life - and upon the subject of gratitude in general. 

Of course I am completely grateful that I have been given the joyous experience of having the family and friends that I have.  That I have a house to live in, food to eat, a car to drive.  I could go on and on and on about all that (especially the grandkids ... don't get me started!). 

But what I want to express in this post is my complete and sincere gratitude to Karen for including me on this crazy, fulfilling, fun ride that we call Vessel. 

I make no secret of the fact that Karen is the brain behind this utterly amazing concept, and that I am lucky enough to have been in the right place at the right time and in the right circumstances to be able to get a ticket for the ride.  I am grateful every single day for the kind of person Karen is - loving, supportive, creative, and a whole long list of other adjectives.  To keep it simple - she's an amazing woman and we're all pretty darn lucky she was born!  Thank you, Karen, for all that we have shared these past few years.

I am also in awe of and thankful for Dioni and Tracy.  I am overwhelmed that such talented women would believe in us and believe in Vessel.  They are both true partners and the most avid supporters one could ever hope for, and I am indeed thankful we found them.  In both cases, it was a somewhat serendipitous way in which we met or reconnected, which leads me to have faith in all that we do.  Fate, or destiny, or whatever you choose to call it, has led us all to find each other.

And of course, I am grateful for each and every Stylist who has found her/his way to us and believes in us enough to join our efforts.  Vessel is nothing without you.  Your success is our success. 

I am a true believer in the power of gratitude in one's life.  One of my favorite quotes: “Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos into order, confusion into clarity…. It turns problems into gifts, failures into success, the unexpected into perfect timing, and mistakes into important events. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today and creates a vision for tomorrow.  (Melodie Beattie)

Let us each resolve to live a life of gratitude.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment