However, we have also utilized other marketing methods in getting Vessel off the ground.
One method we did in the early days was to attend various trade shows. We found these shows valuable in getting Vessel's name out there and for contacts. Some shows were more successful than others relative to sales, but we considered them a success in gaining market recognition for our concept. We know that many of you are doing trade and vendor events, and hopefully will feel that your efforts are rewarded as well.
Getting some local media coverage is a bit harder to do, but if you ever have the opportunity to do ... don't let it pass you by! We appeared on a few of our local TV talk shows and received some good traction.
Another fairly low-cost marketing method we have used, and probably the one method that has brought the most traffic to us, is the use of advertising on targeted websites. We looked for websites that marketed directly to working moms, people who are looking for a business opportunity, people who are interested in direct sales opportunities specifically, working women, etc. We are still advertising on the sites that we feel have been most beneficial to Vessel.
What I wanted to pass along to you today is that many of these sites offer extremely low-cost opportunities for Stylists to advertise in their states. Most of these opportunities are around $10 per year. If you have another state that you visit often, you might even consider reserving that state as well. Most of the sites I've seen will let the first representative of any given company to buy the advertising be the only one listed for that company for that state. Some will allow more than one.
As Vessel becomes more well-known, people are going to be going to these sites and specifically looking in their state to see who represents Vessel. Many times this will be someone who wants to have a Vessel party, sometimes it will be someone looking to sign up as a Stylist. If they are looking for someone in your state, why not make sure it's your name they see?
Here are a few of the sites I've found in my research. I would welcome any other sites that you have found. Please send them to email@example.com, and I'll make sure they get shared with everyone!
- Home Party Plan Network: Great site! They have other sister sites as well, but you buy the advertising separately for each. Right now they are having a sale on the state listings at $10 per year per state (normally $15).
- HPPN Sister Sites (there are others besides these, but the others allow only one company listing, and Vessel already has the spot):
- Find Party Plan Reps - state listing available for $10 per year.
- Fundraiser Options - site listing for $30 per year.
- Direct Sales Profiles: 1 year state listing for $15, lifetime listing for $25.
- Direct Sales Moms: 1 year listing in two states for $25, or a 1 year listing in the Mom Shoppes Directory for $15 per year.
- Party Plan Rep: 1 year state listing for $15, lifetime listing for $25.
- Party Plan Companies: $20 for six months. (By the way, we are their Featured Spotlight today!)
To your success!