Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Success occurs when your dreams get bigger than your excuses by Dioni Morales


I read this quote just last week:  "Success occurs when your dreams get bigger than your excuses."  I just loved it, mainly because it sums up in one sentence exactly what I wanted to talk about this week.

I've already mentioned the fact that this industry has made more millionaires in the last decade than any other type of business. We know that there are many people who are not just making a living with a direct sales business, but also experiencing a lifestyle that few people enjoy.

You might wonder, who makes it in this business? What kind of people are they? I want to share my theory, based on all the people I know who have become very successful. It might surprise you to learn that they come from all walks of life. Some are highly educated, some have little education (I know a lady that still doesn't know how to write).  Some are born leaders, while others have shy personalities.  Some are young, and others are in retirement. And the list goes on. 

Nevertheless, what I have noticed is that the people who make it big in this business have two characteristics and beliefs in common:

1. Their obstacles are not bigger than their dreams: All of us will have obstacles in this business, as we do in life.  It doesn't matter what happens that might discourage us, we must learn from it and move on. If we keep our dreams always at a higher standard than our obstacles, we WILL make it! 

2. They turn their biggest excuses into their biggest reasons:  Have you ever thought, "I don't have time to do this, I have small children"? You could look at the situation in a new way: “That's exactly why I should do this, so that I can spend more time with my children.”  Or you might say, "I don't have a car, I can't move around."  But that's exactly why you should do it, so that you can not only buy a car, but get your dream car.  Change your mindset with every excuse that you might have.  Turn it around to make it your biggest reason, and things will shift in your mind and attitude. 

If you work on these two traits, I can assure you that it doesn’t matter your age, where you come from, your education, etc.  You will make it!

Again: Success occurs when your dreams get bigger than your excuses.... Let's work for success!

No comments:

Post a Comment