For my last two blog posts, I've been talking about creating your "big" vision, as well as what is limiting your ability to create it. So now that you have created that Big Vision, what is it that you are willing to do to achieve it? What is the price that you're willing to pay? The answer to these questions will be unique to each person, because we all have different situations in our lives.
I will share the common/general things you should be prepared to do to get there:
1. Be patient. We are farmers. We sow the seeds, and we water.... and we water.... Then all of a sudden, the seeds will sprout.
2. Work on yourself. People join YOU. People follow you, the leader, so you have to work on your leadership skills. You have to work harder on YOU than you do on your business.
3. Lead by example. Be the hardest-working person in the room. Your team is depending on you to lead them.
4. See the opportunity and take charge. Vessel is a very new company. There are many markets/cities that have no or very few Stylists. Some will see this as a disadvantage. YOU will see this as a great opportunity, and you will help others see it that way as well.
5. ALWAYS do the right thing. As in life, good people will finish on top.
6. Honor your word. A person is only as good as the word they keep.
7. Re-invent your business if needed. If what you're doing is not working, come up with a new plan! Don't be afraid to try new things.
8. Don't give up: If you put an egg in an incubator, would you take the warming light off the egg right before it hatches?
9. Change your mindset. Your mind is 80% of your result. Make sure you have the right attitude and know exactly where you're going.
10. Dust off and keep going. Not everything is going to work out the way you planned. As in life, not-so-good things will happen, and it's what you do after the fact that will define you and your business.
No one ever said it will be easy or will go perfectly smoothly. However, it has been proven that the people who endure in this business will reap the rewards. The persistent will soon live the life that they only dreamed of. Vessel is your vehicle to get there! But just like a diamond, you have to be willing to get cut to bring out your true beauty. Stay the course, and soon you will be a Diamond with Vessel.