Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Take Charge of your time!


by: Dioni Marie Morales, National Sales Manager
 
I was talking to a friend recently about time management. I was telling her that when I know I have a busy day ahead, I take the time to make myself a "to do" list.  I am diligent about checking off every task completed.  Many times I am surprised to find that what I thought was going to take all day to complete only takes half of my time. On the other hand, when I don't have a very busy day and I don't feel a need to write down the three things I had to do, 6 pm sneaks up on me and I haven't done one single thing. Does that happen to you as well? Why is it that on the days that we think we have more time available we just don't spend it wisely?

I just read a quote from best-selling author, entrepreneur, and motivational speaker, Jim Rohn that says: "Either you run the day, or the day runs you."

That's it - it's really not that complicated. If we don't plan our days and prioritize our tasks, we accomplish very little.  Time just flies by. I know that we all have many things in our lives and on our minds.  We might have other jobs, a spouse and children to take care of, a house to clean, meals to cook, laundry, etc. I know I do, so when I make my list of things to do, I include the usual things such as: clean the refrigerator, vacuum, workout, etc. However, on the same list I include everyone I need to call to talk about the Vessel business, everyone I need to email, etc.  I even have a daily task on my to-do list to read one article about Direct Selling a day so I can be better educated in my business. 

I can almost guarantee that if you create a daily "to do" list (I use my smart phone and do this the night before), you will find that you actually have more time on your hands because you are more organized. I invite you to try it for a week.  Include all of your daily duties, but also start adding your Vessel business-related tasks, such as contacting at least one person a day to present the Vessel opportunity, study the Vessel compensation plan, plan a Home Party, have a Home Party, etc.  After a week of doing so, you will not only notice you do have the time you need to run your Vessel business but you will notice how much closer you are to achieving your dream of being your own boss and having financial independence. 

Remember, your business will only grow if you take the time to grow it. There's another great quote I like: "Don't wait. The time will never be just right" (Napoleon Hill). Start today, even if it’s only an hour a day if that's all you can commit to.  But start moving toward your goals.  Even if it’s not as fast as you would like, at least you are moving in the right direction.  You will be closer and closer every day to reaching those goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment