Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Don't stop that snowball from rolling, even in the summer!

by: Dioni Morales, Director of Stylist Services


As most of you know, we just celebrated Vessel’s First Year Anniversary in Salt Lake City, Utah a few weeks ago. I love any opportunity I have to visit Utah, as I lived there for a couple of decades and am totally in love with it. My family loves it too, so we had the blessing of spending over two weeks there. We stayed in downtown Salt Lake which is perhaps one of the most beautiful downtowns in the nation. I did a LOT of walking, not because I had to, but because I wanted to enjoy the weather and the views. The thing is I don’t walk alone. I actually push a double jogger stroller with my 4 ½ year old twins, so I’m pushing about 80 pounds which can really be challenging when you are going up hill.
As I was walking for over an hour a day I figured out one thing: that if I had to stop at any moment, it was really difficult to start again. It just seemed like I had to push with absolutely all my strength to get the stroller moving again. I liked it because I enjoy every opportunity I have to work out a sweat, but it really gave a brand new meaning to the word Momentum. So I started thinking about this concept in depth especially when it has to do with your business. You begin with little information but a lot of excitement. You start talking to people, booking parties, listening to Coaching Calls and pretty soon it becomes part of your life. It becomes a habit. You think about it when you wake up, throughout the day and when you go to bed.
Steve Ferrante said: “Success is like a snowball…. It takes momentum to build and the more you roll in the right direction the bigger it gets”. Now, what happens if we allow anything to stop that snowball? How easy do you think it will be to start moving that snowball again? This is exactly what we cannot allow to happen at any point in our career. I know that especially in the summer it might be a bit more challenging to get this snowball rolling. But keep it rolling no matter what, even when it might be a bit slower, as long as it’s in the right direction. Tracy Rodgers shared with us in her Coaching Call last week many things that we can do in the summer months to get some parties going. It’s also a great time to talk to people about the business and to keep learning and getting trained for your successful Vessel career. As Tony Robbins said: “People who succeed have momentum. The more they succeed, the more they want to succeed, and the more they find a way to succeed. Similarly, when someone is failing, the tendency is to get on a downward spiral that can even become a self-fulfilling prophecy.”
At Vessel we are incredibly excited about our future. We made incredible announcements at our Anniversary Event. We definitely have a wonderful momentum going. Are you going to be part of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment