1. The telephone is your best friend. Use it! Make at least 5 calls per day for bookings and recruits. Do this faithfully to assure yourself a full date book.
2. A walk-in or open house. To acquaint neighbors and your community with your product, send invitations to friends, neighbors and acquaintances. Put notices up in supermarkets, libraries, and other public places. Advertise that there will be refreshments and a chance to see your product.
3. Mystery Hostess Party. The Stylist has a party in her home and awards the hostess credits to the guests. The credits can be divided up or given in different ways. For instance, a name goes in for each $25 in purchases.
4. Trade shows, fairs, expos, events. Check on local activities and reserve well in advance.
5. Advertising. Newspapers and penny-savers often offer fairly low-cost advertising opportunities.
6. Brochures. Distribute your catalog, with their permission, at the offices of dentists, vets, doctors, or anywhere you do business.
7. Business referrals. Work with other businesses (such as real estate offices, model homes, flower shops, etc.) to exchange advertising and verbal referrals.
8. Bridal registry/bridal showers. This is great for offering an idea for a unique and thoughtful bridesmaid gift, and also as a suggestion for people buying gifts for the bride.
9. "Show on the Go" or "Booking in a Basket," which is great for office parties. Place several small items in a basket, and also make a larger one. When an order of $30 is placed, the customer can select a small gift. When all the gifts are gone, the Hostess gets to open the bigger gift. I would suggest having ten gifts in total. These can be fun things from the dollar store, candy bars, and other similar items, with a nicer gift for the Hostess.
10. Delivery Day Special. Offer the Hostess a special gift from you when she picks up a booking or two as she delivers orders to her guests.
11. Offer the Hostess an additional gift when she re-books herself within three months. You may want to offer her an extra incentive for holding 3 shows within a year.
12. Offer a gift with purchase to encourage orders.
13. Offer a free product of their choice to people who take the brochure home, share it with friends and family, and get 5 additional orders resulting in a certain amount of dollars.