Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Let's love every day of our lives!


by: Dioni Marie Morales, National Sales Manager

Over the weekend a thought came to me, one that I would guess not a lot of people have: “I can’t wait for Monday.”  Yes, it’s true ... I was actually thinking that! I like routine in general, and I especially like my routine.  I like to wake up early, take my girls to school, come home, have breakfast, check email, contact some of you, make beds, work out, get my girls, so on and so on. I really enjoy my lifestyle, what I do with my life, and I feel sorry for those who do not.

Just yesterday my husband showed me a post on Facebook that said: “If you hate Mondays, then you definitely hate your job.” At first glance, this is humorous.  But there really is a lot of truth in this statement, and it’s actually far from funny. There are 52 Mondays in a year, and if you hate Mondays it’s very probable that you hate the rest of the weekdays too. How can someone live like that for the rest of their lives until retirement? Is that really how anyone wants to live?

How about loving all days of the week? What will it take for you to love ALL the days of your life?

I know that it starts with taking control of your time and finances. If you spend time only doing what you love, with people who you love to spend time with, that would probably make you happy, right?  And then comes the finances.  I recently heard Howard Buffet (Warren Buffet’s son) in an interview talking about his world contributions and he said: “Money is only part of the equation, but you need money to do good.” If money wasn’t such a necessity, I am sure that you would not be in a job that you did not enjoy.  You wouldn’t be hating Mondays and only counting the days each week until Friday, in order to have two days of so called “freedom.”  If you only didn't need to worry about money, you would be able to do all the things that make you happy.  Right?

If you are not loving all seven days of the week, what can you do about it? Well, this industry gives you a unique opportunity to take control of your time and finances. You only work when you want to, with who you want to.  And of course, it can give you the financial ability to achieve all of your dreams.  I am not saying that you do not have to do what it takes to be successful, of course you do.  But the difference is that it’s on your terms, and unlike a regular job where you do not really control what you get paid, in direct sales you surely do.

So let’s all make the decision today to take the steps necessary to build our direct sales career, because that will allow us to absolutely fall in love with every single day of our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment