Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Start Dreaming Again!


by Dioni Morales, National Sales Manager

I read something on a friend's Facebook wall a couple of months ago that I would love to share with you: "If you don't build your dream, someone else will hire you to build theirs."

I love talking about dreams. I don't think we can talk about it enough. I remember being a teenager and dreaming about the great house I would live in, and the Porsche I would drive, and the places I would visit. Do you remember what you used to dream about? Think about it for a minute. Now think about what your dreams are today. If I ask you today what your dreams are, are they as grand as they were when you were younger and you thought you could do anything?

I ask people this question often, and I learn a lot about the person with the answers I get. Most people talk about just getting a decent car, an "ok" house, and maybe a trip to Disneyland with the kids. In general, I have concluded that most people don't dream anymore. And so I ask myself, when did we stop dreaming? Why did we stop dreaming? My personal theory is that it happened when we become what people like to call "realists." Yep, that's what happens.  “Reality" hits us, and gradually we find ourselves forgetting about our “wants” because all we can barely afford are our “needs.” We get a job and give all of our talents to the owner of a company who is absolutely taking care of all of his “wants.”

And so one more time I say to you, why not give all of your time and talent to being your own boss, and to building your own dreams?

I have one last suggestion for you as you start re-focusing on your dreams: make a Dream Board.  It can contain anything that you wish you had in your life, whether that is a big new home, a fancy car, a life of travel, a marriage … this is highly personal and is comprised of whatever you would wish for yourself.  Find pictures to represent each desire and create a collage.  The most important step: put this Dream Board where you will see it every day.  Let it become a regular part of your daily thinking. 

You will be surprised by the power of that daily reminder of what you want from life. 

Here at Vessel we can help you be your own boss and realize your own dreams. So, by all means, start dreaming again! 


No comments:

Post a Comment