Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Time to talk about Vessel to everyone!

by Dioni Morales, National Sales Manager

In my last post I suggested that you start by Making a List. The next step may or may not be obvious ... it's time to just do it. Talk to the people on the list, that is.

It’s really very simple. Take those people on your list and give them a call. Start with the people you feel more comfortable with so that you can practice - your sister, mom, cousin, best friend, etc. Soon you will feel ready to talk to the bank manager that you have casual conversations with, or to the neighbor you wave hi to.

It is imperative that this is a very short conversation, between 60 and 75 seconds. You are looking for a “yes” or “no” answer. A longer conversation will bring up questions that you want to answer in person.

The conversations should go something like this:

Invite to a Home Party:

“Hello, Mary, it’s Debbie. I won’t keep you long; I just have a quick question for you. I just started a new jewelry business and I would like to ask you a big favor. I will be showing the beautiful jewelry at a Home Party /Open House on Friday at 7pm, and I was wondering if you can stop by and take a look at it and tell me what you think of it and give me your honest opinion. I would appreciate it so much if you could help me with this because I really value your opinion.”

Approach them with the Vessel Business Opportunity:

Example 1 (more subtle): “Hello, Mary, it’s Debbie. I won’t keep you long; I just have a quick question for you. I just started a new jewelry business and I would like to ask you a big favor. When could we get together so I can show you the very appealing Vessel compensation plan and have you give me your honest opinion? I would appreciate it so much if you could help me with this because I really value your opinion.”

Example 2 (more direct): “Hello, Mary, it’s Debbie. I won’t keep you long; I just have a quick question for you. I just found what I’ve been looking for - a way to make as much extra income as I want, work my own hours and be my own boss. I remember you said not very long ago that you wanted to find something like this, so I have really been thinking about you. I believe we could really work together to make it happen. When could we get together so I can show you the very appealing Vessel compensation plan and you can decide for yourself if you want to be part of this project with me?”

These are just examples. Of course you should feel comfortable with the wording, and every person you talk to is unique. But don’t deviate from what’s important to convey:

1. How excited you are

2. You will only take from 60 to 75 seconds

3. You want to steer away from answering detailed questions; you need to talk in person

4. You value their opinion and immediately thought of them

5. You are definitely moving forward with this exciting opportunity and just wanted to see if they wanted to be part of your team.

I truly hope these ideas will help you get Home Parties going, and help you find those great leaders who will go down the road of success with you.

The most important step is simply to get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment